Old August 21st 15, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default FLARM in Stealth Mode at US 15M/Standard Nationals - Loved It!

I too have waited a while to weigh in. Here is my $0.02 -

I purchased and installed FLARM to be a tool to avoid a mid-air collision with another aircraft. We should not do anything to reduce the effectiveness of FLARM for that purpose. If the current Stealth mode does reduce the effectiveness, I am strongly against using it.

If we want to lobby the FLARM folks to create a Competition mode that keeps the current level of collision avoidance information while masking all other info, fine.

If we want to fly with the current collision avoidance effectiveness with all the other data, that's fine too. However, I believe it will unavoidably lead to more "head down" time.

Lou