Old July 20th 04, 06:58 PM
Rich S.

"Juan~--~Jimenez" b*d&5^-*@()--b(d)5+.!c#o$m wrote in message

What this boils down to is that the wording of the rule allows the FAA to
take administrative action against you if you fly LSA's, you were issued a
special issuance,
and you do not continue to follow the steps to continue to qualify WITH

THE
FAA for that special issuance medical certificate.

Here we go again. In my opinion, we might as well call the thing
"Recreational Pilot Certificate, Part II."

This is not correct. The rule clearly says, and I quote:

Question: Is the special issuance of a medical certificate under §67.401
considered a denial of an application for an airman medical certificate?
Response: No. A pilot who has received a special issuance of a medical
certificate may also exercise sport pilot privileges using a U.S. driver’s
license, provided he or she is medically fit to fly.

Rich S.