Old March 26th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Unusual attitude recovery advice sought

"Eamon McKinley" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:01:48 -0400, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea
Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote:

What kind of problems do you have in turbulance?

Never had a problem.

Ok - just had to ask, eh?

During my primary training I never had a problem with unusual
attitudes. So either I've changed or the CFI is the difference. As I
mentioned in the OP, I think it's a stylistic difference between
CFI's; my current CFI is excellent but for some reason he thinks it's
important to make me uncomfortable during the setup for an unusual
attitude. I want to get good at this stuff but he's freaked me out
twice and now it feels like I've hit a psychological stumbling block.

I wouldn't be surprised if they set up differently - and this guy just hits
you the wrong way. I will note that my tolerance has gone down with lack of
exposure and age...

Note: I am not recommending "learn yourself acrobatics" - yes Bob Hoover
was
able to do it, but Bob Hoover is Bob Hoover - you and I ain't.

I was going to do that anyway before this happened.

Exposure does build tolerance.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com