Old October 15th 03, 10:02 PM
Jay Honeck

Default OT -- Kill Bill

Mary and I went to see this movie last night, based on good initial reviews
and high ticket sales. (Having Uma Thurman in it certainly didn't hurt,
either.

Just wanted to let everyone know, before they spend a nickel in the theater,
that both of us consider "Kill Bill" to be the absolute worst movie we've
ever seen. The "plot" is contrived, the action scenes completely
unrealistic, Tarantino's attempts at "film noire" fail utterly, and it is
chock-full of absolutely gratuitous violence from start to finish. There
isn't five minutes without a limb (or worse) being severed, and blood
spurting everywhere.

Worse, the carnage was completely unrealistic. It's one thing to make a
violent movie -- it's another thing to make a violent movie badly.

We've seen some truly horrible movies in our day, but none that made us want
to run out of the theater as badly as this one.

Let me put it another way: Kill Bill makes Led Zeppelin's awful "The Song
Remains The Same" concert movie seem like a brilliant, break-through film.
And, until now, THAT movie had ranked as our biggest waste of time, ever.

In fact, its ONLY saving grace is that Uma Thurman looks GREAT in tight
leather. (This didn't do it for Mary, however...)

Required Aviation Content: There are several flying scenes in this movie,
depicting a Boeing 747 jetliner in flight over the ocean and coming in to
land in Tokyo. In all my years of movie going, I've never seen a worse,
more amateurish rendition of an aircraft in flight. The old TV series "12
O'Clock High" did a better job, some 35 years ago...

Save your money and go buy the new "Matrix" DVD instead...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA