Old January 14th 04, 10:01 PM
Todd Pattist

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I caught most of it -- and it was fantastic! To hear a president actually
promoting manned space travel, and laying out a plausible, doable plan to
get our space program back on track, was a breath of fresh air on a bleak
and dreary January day.

My wife and I actually researched the space policy of
presidential candidates before the last election. There
wasn't much there. I hope we'll hear from the opposition
candidates, too and perhaps get something rolling regardless
of the politics. I know I won't see Mars before I die, but
I'd like some human make it there before then. As the
"leaders of the free world" and the "only remaining
superpower" we're always going to have enemies, but
spending some money on the advancement of man in space will
draw approval, admiration and respect even if it comes in a
grudging form.
Todd Pattist
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)
___
Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.