Old January 19th 08, 11:42 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default Heathrow = Thrust Reversers deployed

Eeyore wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Eeyore writes:

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust
rollback (reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER
series airplanes powered by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a
software algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software
version A.0.4.5 (GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

I thought the BA 777 had Rolls-Royce engines.

It does. But both the relevant RR and GE engines use FADEC which
requires software. Neither engine has a mechanical throttle. It's
controlled ENTIRELY by electronics.

My comment doesn't relate to who made the rotating machinery, but the
opportunity for a software induced failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FADEC

Wow, a clueless-clueless connection. These are always entertaining!

Bertie