Old June 3rd 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Sobering Summer Is Here

Looks like the weather gods have sprung upon Florida and the soaring season is skeptical with thunder boomers and tropical storms and hurricanes. With the absence of the Bermuda High the influence of the tropics is upon us. Just yesterday we had twelve inches of rain and some areas had even more.
Hopefully next year will be much better during the early spring, but for now we are looking at October as the next best Florida soaring weather. A few of us are still planning the winter dash from somewhere deep into South Florida as a prelude to the Seniors. A special thanks to all who enjoyed the Florida winter weather, hopefully the next winter will be dryer and the spring will be much better. I would love to see those 1-26 guys show up down here and fly some sort of fun task during next winter, what a great bunch of glider pilots.