Old December 2nd 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Eiler

Default SparrowHawk #15 for sale

This particular ship was licensed in the experimental
catagory so that insurance would be available.
That added to the INVESTMENT, Not many are,
if any others. Some sites will not tow a ship that
does not have liability insurance.

I do not know about the other insurance companies,
but we were told by Costello that our tow plane insurance
would only be valid if any Sparrow Hawk we towed had
an Experimental airworthiness certificate and registration.
I'm sure some of the tow pilots are unaware that they
may well be uninsured when towing ultralights.

M Eiler