Old November 6th 03, 10:56 PM
Ron Natalie

"Roy Smith" wrote in message ...
"Ron Natalie" wrote:
You can contest a credit card charge even if you have paid for it.
I've contested a handful over the years and have never had to go into
arbitration yet. The worst I've had to do was sign an affidavit
saying that the charge was erroneous.

In many ways, the credit card companies are kinder to consumers than the
credit laws require them to be. They knowingly eat a certain amount of
loss because it makes good business sense.

They may eat the loss, but more often than that they just recoup the money
from the merchant and wait to see if he is going to fight it.