Old May 13th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

Default prepreg fiberglass question

On May 11, 9:56*pm, Andrew Sarangan wrote:
...I am basically looking for a way to avoid having to hand make long
lengths of fiberglass tapes for noncritical applications. But it has
to cure fast at room temperature like any standard epoxy so the
premixed ones won't work.

For that application I'd be inclined to consider pre-pregging chunks
of cloth with UV-curing vinylester, and sandwiching it between two
sheets of one-mil nylon sheet. Chuck it into a ziploc bag in a dark
cabinet. Then cut strips of tape off the edges and use them at need.
After applying, zap with UV light or just point at the sun.

Thanks, Bob K.