Old November 6th 03, 08:09 PM
Bob Johnson

Yeah, "You're going to solo next Saturday" must be something new they're
trying.

My first IP said, "Stop here at Ops and let me out." "Sir?" "You heard
me, and no funny stuff, once around and full stop, bring it back here
and park it." Fully clothed dunk in the swimming pool.

Soloing a jet was next, "If you cock the nosewheel again, I'm going to
personally come out there and beat the crap out of you." Colorful scarf
to wear around your neck. Every Man a Tiger.

Then a little Bell Mash chopper, "Show me what you did just now and
you'll be fine."

Then I ground-looped a C-47. Never did get used to those taildraggewrs.

You know the rest of the story.

Can't quit.

The first one still shines the brightest.

BJ

You remember them all but the first

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote:

I was simply told not to get out of the glider and sent solo on the next
tow. A bit of a surprise, but they do know when you're ready.

Frank

"Tobeon" wrote in message
.. .
Exactly! The first time I went solo, he just said "okay you can go on

your
own now" I thought I miss heard him for a min! And when I fully realised

it
was such a fantastic surprise. An amazing feeling
and on a never note. my first solo I did my best landing ever, and never
since have I been able to make such a perfect landing
(the next 2 solo flights I made very sloppy landings! Eek!)

Scheduled to solo? Now that ruins all the fun of wondering and waiting.