Old July 19th 19, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR

Default Apollo and our own.

Not personally connected as I was 14 at the time, but my Dad was very involved. Both as General Manager of the West Palm Beach FL Pratt and Whitney plant, as well as President of Hamilton Standard at the time of Appolo. Hamilton made the Life Support Backpacks for "strolling on the moon one day", and also the LEM Life Support (the one that got the crew of 13 home). I was in Florida for the launch with my dad, but he was in misson contol in Houston for the step off the LEM. Pretty exciting times back then...

RR