Old February 13th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default Glasair rescue possibility?

On Feb 12, 5:06*pm, danlj wrote:
While visiting a friend yesterday, I saw a Glasair sitting on the
ramp. My friend said that it is no longer being flown, and was given
to a now-defunct aviation school by the builder. Apparently it has a
blueprinted engine and was flown a good bit before this.

I am simply curious whether there's a person in the homebuilt
community who might be qualified and interested in resurrecting this
orphan... *I have no idea what its condition is - it simply looks
beautiful from a distance.

I have no ownership interest; am just a bystander... it seems a shame
to have a lovely craft like this simply gather dust.

drdan AT wwt.net

Run the N number, find the registered owner, contact them ans see if
they will sell it... Kinda simple.. IIRC they are composite and if it
sat in the sun for a long time that might cause weakness in the
structure,,, YMMV.

Sad to see someones dream rotting away.

Ben.