Old January 21st 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum[_2_]

Default Komet Trailer gas struts

Thanks Paul--

Helps a lot.

Hartley Falbaum

"ZZ" wrote in message
HL Falbaum wrote:
I have a 1983 Komet Standard glass top trailer. The gas strut(s) just
went kaput!

Anyone out there know the specifications? I'd be very appreciative of the
info.

TIA

HL

I replaced both of my Komet trailer struts about 2 years ago and after
seeing your post, I looked for the info. I have misfiled some of the
contact info for the US supplier but I do have his name and 3 email
addresses for you to try. This supplier was very helpful and lives(d) in
New York. His name is Harold Ennulat. Here are the email addresses I have
for him. (1) hennulat at connecttime dot net. I think this is the latest
so try this first but here are two others: (2) hennulat at cox dot net (3)
hennulat at cox dot net dot ny.

Regarding the specifications: the struts come in 2 strengths...1300
Newtons and 1600 Newtons, depending on the weight of the top of the
trailer. For my ASW20BL the 1600 Newton was recommended, due to the extra
tips I suppose. Harold can advise you on this matter.

The labels on my new struts stated,,,Hahn Gasfedern Gmbh. Waldstrasse 43
73773 Aichwald Telephone 07 11/93 67 05-0. Herst Dat 0601 Art Nr. 217880
1600N.

They arrive fully extended. But when the trailer is fully opened, the
struts are not fully extended.Therefore to install the new ones, you have
to use a strong rope or chain to suspend the top from ??...I used a beam
in my hanger. Remove both of the old ones and then open the top further
beyond its normal height so as to accommodate the longer length of the new
struts.

I hope this helps.

Paul
ZZ