Old July 7th 03, 06:15 PM
Jack McAdams

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Meguire's (sp?) detail spray. It
comes in a pump bottle, not aerosol, and works wonders. Spray it on,
wait about two minute, and wipe off all of the dead critter pieces. I
usually, but not always, follow up with a second application. I think
it applies a light wax finish that keeps the crud from sticking. I get
mine at WalMart but I'm sure it's available in lots of places.

Of course, this is for leading edges only - not the windshield. For
that I stick with Pledge or the various plastics cleaners that are
available through Sporty's and others.

Jack

"Viperdoc" wrote in message ...
OK. Today I tried lemon pledge in the spray can on one wing, and PPC wing
cleaner on the other. The PPC was definitely better for taking off the bugs.
It may not provide any long lasting protection like Pledge might. I keep the
plane waxed pretty well with Race Glaze, and I'm a little concerned that the
strong surfactant in the PPC might also be taking off the wax.

Overall, the pledge in a spray can worked pretty well, but it seemed like
it might be a bit expensive in the long run. I saw an orange citrus Pledge
in the store today which came in a pump bottle and was cheaper, but wasn't
sure if it was the same stuff. Anyone have any luck with this?