Old August 2nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

Default Empty Oshgosh?

Lou wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I was there Mon-Wed and it seemed that
there was a lot of empy space. Instead of parking the planes back
to back they where just wing tip to wing tip.

We have never T-d them in in the show plane (homebuilt/vintage) areas
and to my knowledge they only did that in the North 40 in the years
when it was too soggy to use a lot of the field.

Attendence is down this year for sure in Vintage. We never even got
close to filling up. It was worse than last year. The last year
the show ended on Monday we did run all the way to the end.

The ultralight area was certainly thin. LSA is probably the
factor. First, the wink-wink nudge-nudge "for instructional
use only" two seater fat ultralight is going away which pretty
much wipes out a lot of the guys who aren't prepared to get
their stuff even eLSA capable. Those who could, were up
showing in the LSA demo areas.

Notably absent was CGS? No muzzleloaders this year.