Old April 7th 18, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Bick (ZN7)

Default Tost release and chain links

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 5:47:48 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I seem to remember a similar thread that mentioned minimum diameter of the Tost ring. Not the overall size, but the diameter of the metal that is captured by the release itself. The recommendation was to check the ring with calipers or a micrometer to make sure that the ring had not worn down to the point that it could be inadvertently pulled out of the mechanism. I have not been able to find reference to a minimum size. Anybody know the specification?

http://wingsandwheels.com/tost-double-tow-rings.html