Old May 30th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Bothering a Pilot on Final

I really like are the guys who announce that they're "over-flying the
field
at 4500 feet, heading West..."

snip

You know, I have heard flight examiners do this. I have even heard them
criticize instructors for not teaching students to do this. You think they
are doing it because they are "silly" or "proud of their accomplishment?"

If every pilot over-flying every airport (remember, the example is at 4000'
AGL) in America announced their position on CTAF, all you'd hear on 122.8
would be a constant shriek.

Any instructor that teaches this practice needs to take another ride with
the FAA. Any DE that expects this practice is going to be sorely
disappointed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA