Old April 7th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LJ Blodgett

Default Security at a class D tower

The other day,I called the tower and asked if I could come up? They sad
sure,press the door bell and I'll buss you in.

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Dallas wrote:

I assume this is all a reaction to our new terrorist threat, but I haven't
been able to come up with any reason for all that security. Let's say
some terrorists took the tower, what's the worst thing they could do?

You can ask pretty much the same questions wrt to security around
small aircraft. There isn't any mission requiring a small aircraft
that couldn't be done cheaper, faster, "better" some other way.