Old August 25th 04, 06:02 AM
Eric Greenwell

Mark James Boyd wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

I suggest the elevator authority isn't any greater on a faster glass
ship because there is no need for it. My experiences in a Blanik L13,
Ka-6e, Libelle h301, Std Cirrus, ASW 20C, and an ASH 26 E were the same:
they were much harder to stall at 30-35 degrees than 10 or 15, and I
couldn't stall them above 45 degrees. This is in coordinated circling
flight.

What do you weigh? In the 2-33 with 230# forward, we can't
make it stall even straight ahead without an accelerated pullup.
But alone at 160#, I can stall it, but just barely.

About 180 lbs with the parachute I'd wear in these gliders, but they
were all balanced to about 60-70% of CG range.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA