Old September 1st 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
DauntlessSoftware

Default Dauntless Software/Safelog/Poison Pills

"This extortion scheme is not mentioned when you buy the product. On the
purchase page (http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/register.asp)
you are
promised a "full, unrestricted version.""

This is a GROSS MISREPRESENTATION of reality based on selective quotation
and outright invention.

Our terms were made clear from the outset, and this gentleman's selective
quoting of the license terms does not change the reality.

Please see my other post in this thread for the reality of the situation.

I am actually sickened to my stomach reading the over-the-top dishonesty
and vile that
came from this person's keyboard. We have dealt fairly with all of our
customers the whole time -
that we should actually have the gall to actually enforce our
longstanding
and clearly stated license terms is no more dishonesty than your landlord
beginnig to finally charge you rent even though he let you stay a full
year free after your original lease expired. I'm sorry this gentleman
feels so angry, and, as per the other post, I categorically refuse to get
into some sort of ****ing match with him here, but thankfully most people
who will actually care to read the real situation will quickly realize
that his words are completely out of line.

As to his concernt that we are an 'itty bitty software company'. This is
true by Microsoft standards. However, even as a team of about two dozen
pilots, designers, and programmers, we are far larger than the
single-person operations that ALL of the other logbook software that we
know of are made by. We've been in business since 1996, and are getting
stronger every year on the back of honesty and good products, a few
unfortunate individuals who either don't read carefully or otherwise
choose to embarass themselves by spreading slander notwithstanding.

All the best,

AC
CFI/ATP
dauntless aviation