Old July 9th 04, 10:56 PM
Andrew Gideon

Dan Luke wrote:

Unless we want to have more stringent rules that further restrict what
private pilots can do, I can't think of a way we can reach the less
safety conscious members of the pilot population, unless it's with
heat-seeking missiles.

Maybe. But I'd start with a different question: why don't those that don't
attend WINGs programs (and the like) attend WINGs programs (and the like)?
I find myself astonished that so many don't (is the 80-90% number
accurate?).

Perhaps I'm just lucky, in that I'm located in an area where seminars are
plentiful and frequent. Attending seminars was just a natural thing to do,
even if only as an opportunity to hang out with pilots. Perhaps this isn't
so everywhere?

Why else not attend?

- Andrew