Old March 12th 05, 12:52 PM
BOB'S YOUR UNCLE

If you stayed between the lights on each wing tip you couldn't get lost!

"Mike W." wrote in message
Is anyone here familiar with carrier-based aircraft operations?

My first question is, on naval aircraft, what are the three colored lights
for on the front? Usually mounted on the front landing gear, three
different
colors.

Also, last time I was out in San Diego to visit my brother, we visited the
U.S.S. Midway. Among the aircraft on display was a jet trainer, couldn't
tell you the type. Seems like the thing had lights everywhere, including
both red and green nav. lights on each wingtip? What is the purpose of
this?

Thanks to anyone who can cure my curiousity.