Old April 14th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default DuPage from the east

In a previous article, Nathan Young said:
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:38:09 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I'm flight planning a flight to DuPage (KDPA) from Rochester (KROC).
Aeroplanner's automatic route has me going in V6 to NILES and then direct,
but I was thinking that maybe coming in V8 to JOT and then direct would
keep me more out of Chicago's hair. (Or "O'hair" as the case might be.)

I don't have my chart handy, so I am not sure the difference between
V6 and V8. However, there is only about a 1% chance that you will get
to cut through the Class B, so just plan on vectors around the
perimeter.

I typically file to CGTv then JOTv then DPAv.

That's what I meant by the V8 route I mentioned above. Thanks for the
confirmation.

Thanks for the other information too - I'll print it out and put it in my
flight bag.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I did volunteer EMS as recovery from sysadmining, then