Old October 15th 13, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Cook[_2_]

Default Pegasus Life span in USA

Wow! good news!

Thanks

Cookie

At 15:33 15 October 2013, Mark628CA wrote:
Actually, there is some progress being made on the Pegasus Life Limit AD.
W=
ithout going into too much detail on RAS, airshow pilot and jet sailplane
d=
eveloper Bob Carlton and myself have done quite a bit of research into

the
=
origin of the AD and how it was enacted by the FAA. There are a number of
i=
ssues that raise questions as to the actual validity and legality of the
AD=
.. These questions and other factors certainly raise the possibility of

an
a=
cceptable solution, but dealing with the FAA is a glacial process.

To get an idea of the scope of Bob=92s research, we have recently started
a=
website that links virtually all of the known data we have in one place.
C=
heck out www.savethepegasus.org to access the documentation. Note that
this=
website is only a couple of weeks old, and some sections are not active,
o=
r are incomplete. The =93Petition to Rescind=94 and the =93Timeline=94

are
=
the most complete, and have extensive links to FAA regulations, Centrair
em=
ails, Administrative Law, technical data from OSTIV and a myriad of other
s=
ources that have bearing on the continuing airworthiness of Pegasus
gliders=
past the FAA AD limit of 3,000 hours.

Pegasus owners should be grateful to Bob Carlton for taking hundreds of
hou=
rs of time to research and compile this information and talk to various
FAA=
officials in an attempt to resolve the issue.