Old October 15th 13, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Default Pegasus Life span in USA

At 13:49 15 October 2013, Bob Cook wrote:
I wonder...Could we run up the hours in USA to 3000...then sell the glide
to somebody in Europe?

What's the going price in Europe for a nice Pegasus?

Cookie

Yes you can. And some owners have already. Going rate is around 15-20K
Euros for a decent one with a closed trailer, registered in a EU-country,
depending on finish and instrumentation. There's a catch however: they need
to be factory-stock in order to be registered. I.e. no home-made parts
(including instrument panels and the like!), no major mods that are
sometimes done under the experimental category but cannot fly in Europe,
etc. And European AD's sometimes vary wildly from mandatory US ones, so it
is not uncommon to find imported US gliders needing backlogs of SB's and
AD's done in order to pass European inspection. This has fooled owners
importing gliders from outside the EU before... So: get qualified advice
before you do put yours on a boat across the pond.