Old November 30th 12, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

Ron,

To be honest, I was fairly open to a slight opening of the Club range as well. But as others point out, once you open that can of worms it will never end. The cleanest solution is to stick with the Club range. The compromise would be to task to the FAI Club handicap Range, but allow others to compete.

I hope that a narrow enough range is agreed upon that ensures a 50/50 split of AAT and AT. The key is reasonably challenging AT's for the top guys shooting for Worlds. We are talking about a National Championship here!

Thanks!

Sean