Old August 26th 04, 01:57 PM
Jon Parmet

"John Bell" wrote in message m...
I think that GPS can be helpful for airport ground navigation and avoiding
runway incursions. For some reason, I never see this mentioned in any of
the material on runway incursion. It's not perfect, but if you have one in
the cockpit it might help you maintain situational awareness on the ground.

Anyway, here is something that I put together very quickly last night.

http://www.cockpitgps.com/incursion/..._incursion.htm

John Bell
www.cockpitgps.com

GPS feeding ADS-B would most definitely help. As far as RIRP, I'd
guess that you probably don't see it mentioned much because ASDE-X is
primarily what's used.

I'm sure folks can find a limitless supply of URLs, but here's a
couple of quickie links:

http://www.volpe.dot.gov/ourwork/dts54.html (somewhat dated but a few
blurbs on ASDE-X and Surface related projects in general)

http://spacecomm.grc.nasa.gov/icnsco...01-Leonard.pdf
(good presentation on ADS-B, where this are and where they're going in
(hopefully) the next few years)

Regards,
Jon