Old March 26th 14, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default Canadian contests & SSA ranking points

On 03/26/2014 1:11 PM, Sean Fidler wrote:
Why don't we (US, the SSA) credit US pilots who fly Canadian contests with SSA ranking points? For example, Canadian Nationals?

I think that it is sensible that Candian pilots are given a ranking on the 2014 SSA ranking list. Why not expand an complete the integration?

http://soaringweb.org/PRL/prl.2014.html

Thoughts?

Sean

We had a quick chat on the Canadian side of the equation about this.
The Canadian Nats would have to be sanctioned by the SSA (pay the
contest fee and possible other issues). Each contest pilot (at the very
least the ones to get seeding) would need to be SSA members. This is
assuming that the SSA would even consider sanctioning this event by
waiver or something along those lines and that the Soaring Association
of Canada would agree. The additional cost of a SSA fee would have to
be passed on to the pilots, while some of us who care about US seeding
points wouldn't necessarily be bothered by this, the financial impact
could drive down participation from pilots who are not interested in SSA
seeding points. To be honest I think the ball is in our court and not
the US/SSA.

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak