Old January 27th 04, 09:22 PM
Pilot Pete

Integrated graphics should work ok if it is a good device.
It is worth while finding out if the mainboard has an AGP slot so upgrading
will not present a problem.
As for your question regarding direct x, I run DX9b on a DX8.0 graphics card
with no problem & as far as my personal experience on these issues go, i
think there is no real comatibilty issue but somebody please tell me
different if i'm wrong on that one.
"Ludlow Johnson" wrote in message

Looking to purchase new computer.
Looking at all the weekend ads, almost all of the deals offered
include integrated graphics.

My question??

Are the integrated grapics being ofered on these new machine
sufficient to run flight sim programs, or do you really need a
seperate card. Also trying to keep within budget, if buying a card I
see reference to direct x. If i buy a card, do i need to concern
myself with the latest issue of direct x.

TIA

Ludlow, Tomball TX