Old June 17th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jose Jimenez

Default UK Air Accidents

David Starer wrote:

In many other European countries
gliding is part of the fabric of everyday life and I would expect
reporting there to be better informed and as a result, much more
balanced and accurate.

)

A member of my club recently made a perfectly normal, safe outlanding in
a field in Lincolnshire near to a field where a cricket match was in
progress. Unfortunately the local rag found out and reported it in the
usual sensationalised "Glider Pilot in Shock Horror Death Plunge" kind
of language.

Unfortuately, this is the norm rather than the exception even in
Germany. For the very least it's titled as an "emergency landing".