Old May 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Montblack

("Matt Barrow" wrote)
[snip]
Given that there was, overall, merely and uproar resulting from these
episodes, would you rather they over-react, or under-react? Finding the
exactly right balance is not something humans seem to gravitate to,
especially bureaucracies.

Key word is "react."

When a snake strikes, instinctive "reaction" is to jump - I think all
mammals do this (except elephants, who can't jump. Apparently hippos can
jump. Who knew?)

Then fight or flight kicks in.

Later, reason finally takes over and a well thought out plan to either avoid
the snake in the future or kill the snake is now in order.

I think our government is sill a little "jumpy."

Red next to (Mont)Black - is safe for Jack;
Red next to Yellow - will kill any fellow.
http://www.floridaorienteering.org/nature/coralking.htm