Old July 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
Matt Whiting

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

True, but only a few knots above in the Cessna's I've flown 150 - 182.

Per certification rules, the stall warning must occur AT LEAST 5 knots prior
to stall. In my experience, it commonly occurs with an even greater margin.

I think 5 is considered "a few" by most, even hair-splitters such as
yourself.

If you keep smoothly pulling back the yoke, the airspeed will bleed into
stall territory very shortly after you get a full stall horn.

No, it won't. The airplane will settle onto the runway before you stall.
You have to move the yoke pretty sharply to keep lift equal to weight at
that airspeed.

Yes, it does require that you accelerate the rearward movement of the
yoke as the plane begins to settle in order to hit the stop at or slight
before the tires touch.

Again, I guess it depends on how you define stall. To me, a stall has
occurred when I can't maintain altitude with the elevator full-up. That
is the condition in which I attempt to land in normal conditions (light
crosswind and lack of significant wind gusts). I've never flown a
Cessna with an AOA indicator so I can't say if I've achieved the
critical angle of attack prior to touchdown, but these have been called
"full stall landings" since before I was born so that is good enough for me.

Matt