Old November 6th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

Default Here we go again

Earlier, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

...It should be and that's what I expected
but I could find no decimal.

I don't think it needs a decimal - the values are whole numbers.

If you go to the eBay page, the text says:

gross weight 870lbs

empty weight 515lbs

useful load 355lbs

Yeah, that looks a bit confusing with no space between the value (870)
and the units (lbs).

But if you drag the text onto the clipboard, paste it into MS Word, and
then apply the All Caps format (Format Fonts Fonts tab Effects
area), it says:

GROSS WEIGHT 870LBS

EMPTY WEIGHT 515LBS

USEFUL LOAD 355LBS

So that thing that looks like a one in the ones column of a four digit
number is actually a lower-case L in the unit specifier lbs.

So, it's not clear formatting; in fact I consider it to be particularly
unclear. But it definitely isn't specifying four-digit values for the
weights and load.

Thanks, Bob K.