Old August 7th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Byrer

Default "Pakistani" airfield near Toronto?

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:32:00 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I was out flying around western New York yesterday, listening to 122.7
which is used for a lot of local airports as a CTAF. As usual, I could
also hear some airports in southern Ontario. But then I heard something
weird - a couple of guys with thick Pakistani accents were on the
frequency, and it sounded like they were calling CTAF at "Pakistan Toronto
Airfield". It also sounded like they were using British-style radio
technique, asking for "landing instructions" and the like.

Is there a flight school or something near Toronto where they train
Pakistani pilots so exclusively that they'd use "Pakistan Toronto
Airfield" as the name on the CTAF?

Lake Simcoe?
http://www.lakesimcoeairport.com/info.htm
It's the right freq...and the right area.

Say "Lake Simcoe Unicom" fast with a thick accent...????

(OR "Lake Simcoe Toronto"????

got to
http://www.navcanada.ca/ContentDefin...ts_current.pdf

Then search on 122.7 (use "edit-find") Several airports in the
vicinity use 122.7 CTAF.

--Don

Don Byrer KJ5KB
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Glider student & CFI-SEL wannabe
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."