Old December 5th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Default B1 revovery at Diego Garcia

js wrote:

I would have thought such an acft would have safety devices to prevent
this?

Paul Elliot wrote:

Ken Gage wrote:

Hi folks,
Sorry for the link.(I now it is a binary news group. I toyed with
the pseudo idea of encoding the link for fun)

Here is a link regarding a B1 recovery which landed wheels up on
Diego Garcia. According to the text, the flight suit insert had a
problem.

Ken

http://www.zianet.com/tedmorris/dg/bombers4.html

Yep, saw those back in May when it happened. Worth re-posting though
for those who missed it.

It's a machine. Machines break. Even space shuttles.

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt