Old February 14th 18, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default 2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 4:58:54 AM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7:46:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
You may not be aware of the new sailplanes being publicly released this year.

1. From Poland comes the news release of the Diana 3. It is an 18 metre ship with a conventional spar - unlike the Diana 2 which is sparless. The 'Three' is a real 'looker.'

2. The new Diana 2 has been worked on and now comes with a FES. They are guaranteeing that the FES makes the "Two" a self launcher.

3. Schempp-Hirth are aggressively promoting their Ventus 3 Sport. An all new fuselage that will accommodate taller pilots.

4. From Russia comes the release of an all new 13.5m sailplane. It looks good too! They are claiming it will be the cheapest competition sailplane on the market. It should be a first sailplane buy for any new competition pilot to get into the scene.

5. Blanik are making reductions in cost to modify their spars.

Its a busy time for us getting all these stories into our March issue.

JOHN ROAKE
EDITOR
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL

Any new affordable trainers to replace the aging fleet of 2-33, TwinAstir or K21 models on the horizon? Without them, we are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!
Uli
'AS'

A US TC for the SZD-54 would be useful.

Frank Whiteley