Old August 31st 19, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Landing with broken rudder cable

Harry Senn saved my life 5 years before I had a gap in the wave bars close up on me.

He taught my about the benign spinal which I had not been taught in my primary instruction. Trim more or less best L/D, hands and feet off controls other than full spoilers.

Not all ships will do it, and you have to practice in the BLUE over and over again with your ship with different configurations until you Know it will work and not advance into a spiral dive.

Kevin
92