Old July 15th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

Default Largest conventional-gear airplane

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however. Ailerons heavy as
heck, rudder not so bad, elevator pretty light. I've flown one in
xwinds up to 40 knots (only about 30 degrees cross) and while it makes
you work it doesn't take superman....but like any t/w airplane you gotta
stay ahead of her.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built I
don't know what is.

-c