Old June 4th 05, 11:01 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Corky Scott" wrote in message

He did at one time, until he used them all against the Iranian's and
the Kurds.

What evidence is there that he used them all against the Iranians and the
Kurds?

The GW Bush claim was that he had them (at the time of the
invasion) so we had to invade him to take them away from him. This
assertion appears to be untrue, based on the memo leaked to "The
Times".

That assumes the assertions in the memo are true, there's no reason to
believe that's the case.

So my original statement "he never had them" was incorrect.

No question about that.

At the
time of the invasion, he no longer had them because they had been used
up back in '88. I should have written "did not currently possess
them".

Much to question about that. We know for certain that Saddam had WMD and
that he was willing to use them. We don't know when or how he got rid of
them. If he was rid of them in 1988 he certainly made an effort to appear
that he still had them.