Old July 25th 20, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default question about 303 Mosquito canopy operation

I’m building a 1-pc canopy for my HP-16 and I like the 303 Mosquito hinge method of unequal length arms. I’ve seen photos of the canopy but don’t understand what prevents the fwd hinge links from sliding fwd in the slot prematurely and striking the fuselage. Do the springs that assist in opening the canopy also pull aft and keep the fwd links at the aft end of the slot? Or, do the canopy stops that limit fwd travel wedge against something like a cam and push the links aft in the slot while the canopy is in motion?
Thanks, Brian