Old August 21st 03, 03:21 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Interesting...
I have to note parenthetically that I have both the 195 and 196 in the
cockpit... That I fly all over the eastern USA with these units, and
sometimes in really nasty weather where they are invaluable, and rarely have
I noted a degraded EPE, and it was both units the few times it has
happened - which was maybe three times over a number of years... I do use
windshield mounted antennas, not the stub antennas... I also have never
noticed any deviation between what the 196 is calling my position and what
the localizer/DME is showing on an instrument approach, and I use the GPS on
all instrument approaches as a backup to the primary nav... YMMV

Denny

Although the 196 is great, I've recently started to have second
thoughts... ...