Old November 21st 03, 09:58 AM
Mike Rhodes

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 03:21:26 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Anyone ever run into this before? What did you do?

Run like hell? Seriously.
I'm a Christian, but don't walk through life looking for souls to,
in but a moment, 'save.' And I have difficulty with those who would
want to so quickly take authority over mine and claim a personal
victory; in the name of righteousness (which I do respect). Their
pushiness takes on a predatory nature I would want to stay away from,
of course. Preachers to the soul have much to prove if they expect
(_tactically demand_) to have that kind of influence on me!
As for wanting to run, I am the emotional type, but also not the
wordy type. So a casual change in conversation (getting a proper
'grip,' as written in previous replies) is not likely with me either.
I would probably just say nothing, letting the conversation trail off
uncomfortably until they changed the subject or left, or I got the
courage and just left on my own.
As for my salvation, it is not in doubt with me, but they always
seem to want to take it from me with their preferred method. I'm
nearly always convinced from the start it is they who need help (and
are in no ways open to it); having bared fangs long enough to bite and
not let go. Consider the conversation as lost, then play dead till
someone leaves. That's my advice.

Mike,

There are other approaches under different circumstances, and previous
posters indicated they wanted to leave those options open. I agree,
but this post hit a nerve. If the conversational tactics are
pressured, abnormal, then make it hurt for them also. They need to
learn a lesson or two.