Old September 10th 05, 06:32 AM
Bart D. Hull

Sorry Corky,

International Scouts also had left and right hand lug nuts.
I had a wheel come off due to the lug nuts being put on by
someone that didn't know this. Felt they might be stripped
so they didn't tighten them any further.

Was a wild turn when the passenger side front tire came off!

I pounded out the studs on the passenger side and put the
normal studs all around.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

wrote:
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:40:40 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

I snapped off two lug bolts on my brother's 63? Dodge pickup trying to
change a flat. Reverse thread on one side. Doh!

Montblack

That would be the left or drivers side of the vehical. One of
Chrysler's committments to better engineering. :-/

The idea was that if a lugnut was loose, the rolling motion of the
wheel on the road would tend to keep the nut from actually turning
itself off the lug.

No other auto manufacturer thought it a snarky enough idea to copy it,
ever.

Corky Scott