Old March 21st 18, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

Yep, an "educated butt feel" can help.
Reminds me of "dark night upset training" for my private SEL ticket.
The CFI would have me let go of controls, he would mess up the aircraft, then say, "your plane!".
My butt told me what was going on.

Until, he figured out how I was doing so well. Then he did another test but was VERY careful doing about 180* from that and said, "your plane".
Yep, over the top, he grabbed the plane. I was relying on developed senses, NOT looking at the panel.
Sigh.
Good lesson for me.

Yanking your head around while pulling some G's and looking over your shoulder, maybe in rough air......it all adds up.

Yes, back on topic, getting older sucks. I still have good distance vision, but need correction for closer things.
I have prescription glasses for reading/computer, cheap glasses for "in your face" work like under a car dash.

I have heard of issues with LASIK, mostly in night situations. Seems to be an issue with "stars" in glare.
Any comments?

No, I have nothing meaningful for the original intent of this thread.
Sorry.