Old February 28th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Left Mag Dead... After Annual???

If you do OAA, you don't have to worry about taking the cowl off and
looking. Since you were the one that put the cowl (and every other
inspection plate and removable frumpus) back on the airplane after you took
them off in the first place, you have as much time as your little heart
desires to thoroughly inspect the aircraft.

And, since you were the one that pulled and reinstalled the plugs for the
cleaning and compression check, you don't have to worry about somebody not
tightening them up right. You have met the enemy and he is you {;-)

Jim

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I do a thorough preflight and run up each time, regardless of the
maintenance schedule. I certainly cannot remove the cowl and inspect
the security of the spark plugs ;-\

I'm pretty thorough about preflight and runup, regularly, as well, but
on the first flight after the plane has come out of annual, is it
overkill to remove the cowl and inspect for something that doesn't look
right? I'm just wondering if it's slightly on the reckless side, not
to go above and beyond our normally thorough preflight and runup?