Old February 28th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Left Mag Dead... After Annual???

On 27 Feb 2006 10:43:05 -0800, three-eight-hotel wrote:

I tend to agree, and it only reinforces the three words to live by,
according to Jim... But, assuming you don't do an owner assisted
annual, how much is too little? i.e. Gene's post on plugs not even
being in finger tight...

Plug wire fell out on me INFLIGHT. I went to pick up a passenger at a
neighboring airport (10 nm). Runup was perfect on take off from my home
airport. My preflight is like the first time I ever flew the plane, and I
am the owner of the plane.

Nary a word from the engine until I went to start up the engine, taxied out
and mag check failed. Taxied back, A&P came out, decowled the plane and
sure enough one wire out, another one hanging by a thread.

This was one hour after I took the log books from my A&P after annual.

Allen