Old July 22nd 03, 01:54 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Nosegear wrote:

Also, with properly designed software the pen interface need not be a
problem: you do the miniscule work when safely on the ground, and all
other functions are easily activated by using your finger on the touch-
screen. When you'd use PocketFMS, you can do the pre-flight part on your
home PC and transfer everything to your iPAQ when finished.

Um, I dunno about you, but it's not unknown for us to wind up
diverting enroute due to weather. Usually under conditions
which make it both highly desireable to navigate accurately,
and highly difficult to use the pen interface on a Palm (which
one of us is usually doing, to check CBAV).

ie, we may start out doing the "miniscule" work safely on the
ground but it can't be counted on to end there.

I don't know how PocketFMS works: if it has the equivalent of
a red "nearest" button which will let you toggle quickly through
the 20 nearest airports or navaids, that'd suffice for most situations
I can think of.

Cheers,
Sydney