Old February 16th 04, 03:34 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Mark James Boyd wrote:

In article ,
Robert Ehrlich wrote:
Mark James Boyd wrote:

..
Working planes deserve engines with high TBOs. The
loss of availability to me is often worse than the
repair cost. Turbo AND constant speed prop too? Not
for me, brother...

But a well enginered engine (pleonasm ?) designed for use
with a turbo should work and spare a lot of weight. The
real problem is that the Rotax was not designed for use
with a turbo. Regarding the constant speed prop, it is a
real plus, allowing a smaller prop and lower noise for the
same result. This is really significative and we had some
financial support from fundings for noise reduction when
we bought this tug.