Old August 30th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default Avgas Coming Down?

ktbr wrote:
Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

While I'm sure everybody's Avgas fuel quotes are going down (ours are)
you still have the fuel in the tank that you paid big $$$ for that has
to go. There are not that many airports (if any) that go through 10K
gallons of 100LL as quick as a typical gas station.

I heard on the radio this AM industry analysts are predicting gas
prices to be "closer to $2 than $3 by Thanksgiving". That might be good
news for LL consumers, but I'm too cynical to think the boutique fuel
market will respond as quickly, if at all, to a drop in mogas prices. I
am curious about what's behind this predicted drop though - reduced
demand after the summer is one thing, but this seems more like a market
adjustment IMO.

Kingfish
Turbine analyst *NOT* a fuel analyst